This syllabus covers theory, practical and problem solving activities in areas such as:
- Building Technology and Design Syllabus Fotms 5 – 6
- • Health and Safety
- Science of materials
- Site surveying
- Quantity surveying and estimating
- Structural analysis
- Management of construction projects
- Maintenance and renovation
- Building control and development
- Renewable energy
- Intellectual Property Rights
Learners should be able to:
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- Select appropriate materials to use during construction processes.
- Apply knowledge of science of materials to building construction.
- Demonstrate the correct use of tools and equipment.
- Calculate building material quantities.
- Apply knowledge of architectural concepts, principles and skills in order to solve construction related challenges in their communities.
- Budget resources for the construction of a building project.
- Analyze forces that act on building structures.
- Demonstrate understanding of principles of maintenance, value addition and beneficiation in their communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of legislation governing construction projects.
- Justify the significance of renewable sources of energy as alternatives in buildings.
- Demonstrate desirable interpersonal dimensions, attitudes, moral and ethical values underlying Unhu/Ubuntu/Vumunhu philosophy.
- Demonstrate enterprise skills through planning, development, implementation and evaluation of projects
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 176
- Assessments Yes
Curriculum is empty