SUMMARY OF CONTENT
The learning area will include the study on the creation of a favourable environment for crop and animal production, sources of farm power, farm structures and sustainable use of resources. It will also help learners to acquire competency skills in design, construction, operation and maintenance of farm machinery and structures.
By the end of the learning period learners should be able to:
- Demonstrate the socio – economic importance of Agriculture Engineering to the agriculture industry in the country.
- Demonstrate understanding of Agriculture Engineering terminology, concepts and principles
- Apply indigenous knowledge systems (IKS), scientific and mathematical principles in Agriculture Engineering.
- Apply problem-solving skills in challenges encountered in agriculture engineering.
- Carry-out experiments in Agriculture Engineering
- Design models and machinery in agriculture engineering
- Apply safety precautions in the use of farm machinery and equipment.
- Demonstrate operational skills in the use of farm structures, machinery and equipment
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 151
- Assessments Yes